Our Oakland Criminal Defense Attorney Defends the Accused
If You Have Been Convicted of a Crime or Arrested in Oakland, We Can Help
It is hard to imagine something that can disrupt your life more than being accused of a crime. After all, you work hard to establish your reputation and career. Nonetheless, criminal allegations can dismantle your years of hard work. For example, if you are convicted, you can face severe limitations to your freedom and opportunities. Penalties and fines can compound and you can easily lose time away from work. In fact, according to a 2015 report by the Sentencing Project, more than 60% of formerly incarcerated people are unemployed a year after release. If you are concerned about protecting your name and future, our Oakland criminal defense attorney can help.
At the Law Offices of William Walraven, we believe that good people sometimes find themselves in difficult situations. Furthermore, our Oakland criminal defense lawyer knows that even low level offenses can leave a long lasting impact. No matter the state of your case or the severity of your crime, we can help. For years, we have defended our clients against allegations of theft, fraud, drug crimes, misdemeanors, felonies, domestic violence and driving under the influence (DUI).
Why Hire a Criminal Defense Attorney?
In general, many people believe they need a defense attorney only after they are arrested. However, this can work against your best interests. Without a legal professional, you can easily miss out on options that California law makes available for your defense. Since this is the case, the sooner you contact our Oakland criminal defense lawyer, the better your chances are to reach a favorable resolution. Oakland attorneys can help you mitigate risk in almost any criminal allegation, some including but not limited to:
- DUI Defense: Being intoxicated can increase penalties in almost any charge. Our Oakland DUI attorney can challenge sobriety tests, DUI with injury claims and drunk in public allegations.
- Theft: Prosecutors will try to establish intent in most theft cases. Our Oakland criminal defense attorney can challenge claims of auto theft, shoplifting, petty theft, burglary and other allegations.
- Drug Offenses: A drug conviction can make you ineligible for financial aid and government programs. In addition, it can create difficulties in finding future employment. We defend possession, paraphernalia, distribution and other chargers for any drug including Marijuana offenses.
- Expungements: A criminal record can create a roadblock to future employment or promotions. Our Oakland criminal defense lawyer can help you draft a motion to expunge your record and clear your name.
- Violent Crimes: Allegations of violent crimes, including sexual assault or domestic violence, can be devastating. Our Oakland criminal defense lawyer can use reliable defense options to bolster your defense, challenging witnesses and evidence.
- Fraud and Embezzlement: These allegations can involve a wide range of fraud types. For instance, bank fraud, bankruptcy fraud, internet fraud, credit card fraud, tax fraud, insurance and securities fraud. No matter the allegations, our Oakland criminal defense law firm is prepared to strengthen your defense.
- Misdemeanor and Felony Crime Defense: Depending on the circumstances, even a misdemeanor can result in jail time. For example, prosecutors may trump up charges in an effort to intimidate you to prove guilty to a lower level offense. No matter the criminal charge, we can help.
What Does a Criminal Defense Attorney Do?
Ultimately, a good criminal defense attorney does their best to make sure that an arrest does not define the rest of your life. For this reason, we can use every strategy available under California criminal defense law to bolster your defense. Immediately after you contact the Law Offices of William Walraven, we start working to protect your best interests. For instance, prosecutors may intimidate you to confess or admit to a crime. Our Oakland criminal defense lawyer can make sure you do not unknowingly incriminate yourself.
Odds are, you need immediate and meaningful protection. For years, we have helped our clients draft a strong defense. Through our team of legal professionals, we can scrutinize evidence and determine if any entity broke the law during your arrest. If necessary, we can cross examine witnesses, challenge reports, gather evidence that supports your defense and negotiate with prosecutors. At every stage, we handle the details of your defense with compassion and care. As a result, our firm can make a substantial difference in your case.
Arrested or Charged With a Crime? Call Our Oakland Criminal Defense Attorney Now for a Free Consultation
Have you been arrested for a crime in Oakland? Do you believe you are under investigation by a law enforcement entity? Are you concerned your rights may have unknowingly been violated? No matter the type of allegation you face, we can help. Our firm offers reliable strategies developed from experience. Furthermore, we believe in maintaining a relationship with you, answering any questions you have from start to finish.
If you have questions about your rights or the possible outcomes for your case, do not delay and contact us now. Our Oakland criminal defense law firm can work to bring you peace of mind and guide you through the court process. The goal of our firm is to reduce or dismiss the charges against you. To find out how we can help, contact our firm online or call us at (650) 204-3879 for a free consultation.