You Need A Criminal Defense Lawyer You Can Trust
It is hard to imagine something that can disrupt your life more than being accused of a crime. After all, you work hard to establish your reputation and career. Nonetheless, criminal allegations can dismantle your years of hard work. For example, if you are convicted, you can face severe limitations to your freedom and opportunities. Penalties and fines can compound and you can easily lose time away from work. In fact, according to a 2015 report by the Sentencing Project, more than 60% of formerly incarcerated people are unemployed a year after release. I am attorney William Walraven. If you are concerned about protecting your name and future, I can help.
Good people sometimes find themselves in difficult situations. I know that even low-level offenses can leave a lasting impact. No matter the state of your case or the severity of your crime, I can help. For years, I have defended our clients against allegations of theft, fraud, drug crimes, misdemeanors, felonies, domestic violence and driving under the influence (DUI).
Why Hire A Criminal Defense Attorney?
In general, many people believe they need a defense attorney only after they are arrested. However, this can work against your best interests. Without a legal professional, you can easily miss out on options that California law makes available for your defense.
I can help mitigate risk in almost any criminal allegation, including but not limited to:
- DUI defense: Being intoxicated can increase penalties in almost any charge. I can challenge sobriety tests, DUI with injury claims and drunk in public allegations.
- Theft: Prosecutors will try to establish intent in most theft cases. I can challenge claims of auto theft, shoplifting, petty theft, burglary and other allegations.
- Drug offenses: A drug conviction can make you ineligible for financial aid and government programs. In addition, it can create difficulties in finding future employment. I defend possession, paraphernalia, distribution and other chargers for any drug including marijuana offenses.
- Expungements: A criminal record can create a roadblock to future employment or promotions. I can help you draft a motion to expunge your record and clear your name.
- Violent crimes: Allegations of violent crimes, including sexual assault or domestic violence, can be devastating. I can use reliable defense options to bolster your defense, challenging witnesses and evidence.
- Fraud and embezzlement: These allegations can involve a wide range of fraud types. For instance, bank fraud, bankruptcy fraud, internet fraud, credit card fraud, tax fraud, insurance and securities fraud. No matter the allegations, I am prepared to strengthen your defense.
- Misdemeanor and felony defense: Depending on the circumstances, even a misdemeanor can result in jail time. For example, prosecutors may trump up charges in an effort to intimidate you to prove guilty to a lower level offense. No matter the criminal charge, we can help.
Call Me Today
Have you been arrested for a crime? Do you believe you are under investigation by a law enforcement entity? Are you concerned your rights may have unknowingly been violated? No matter the type of allegation you face, I can help. My firm offers reliable strategies developed from experience. Furthermore, I believe in maintaining a relationship with you, answering any questions you have from start to finish.
If you have questions about your rights or the possible outcomes for your case, do not delay and contact me now. To find out how I can help, contact my firm online or call me at 650-744-0023 for a free consultation. I serve clients in San Francisco, San Mateo County and throughout the Bay Area.